Episode:Experiential Deity—Bestowals of Christ Michael (Part 1)
January 5, 2021 [Paper 119:0-1, p. 1308]
The attribute of bestowal is inherent in the Paradise Sons of the Universal Father. In their desire to come close to the life experiences of their subordinate living creatures, the various orders of the Paradise Sons are reflecting the divine nature of their Paradise parents. Our local universe of Nebadon is now ruled by a Creator Son who has completed his service of seven creature bestowals.
Summary by Kermit
Commentary after Review
Is it possible to discern the hand of Providence functioning in events of our daily lives? This is an extremely tall order. First, one must reflectively dismiss those phenomena which may appear as providential but are actually the result of other influences. Because the cosmos is a system functioning in a coordinated whole, purpose is inherent in cosmic events. Providence introduces an additional element of manifesting some aspect of the future in the present moment. Pivotal redirection of one’s path in life, awakening to the reality response of the cosmic insights, or even the extraordinary acts of intervention by ministering celestial beings would not generally be considered to be the function of Providence. Such precise discrimination must await man’s deliverance from his jealously held self-centered perspective and inveterate bottom-up thinking.
We made another attempt to penetrate the profound parallel between the will, actions, and purpose of the Paradise Trinity in its infinity providential function and the very function of the human mind in moving from spiritual desire to true motive to patterned intention (purpose).
We have for the first time in human history the true metaphysics presented to us in the 5th ER. The true nature of reality is presented in the context of its patterning by the Deity that is the Paradise Trinity. Thus Deity is the deepest predicate for Reality.
Paper 119, The Bestowals of Christ Michael
This final paper in our arc begins with the author byline up front unlike its usual location at the end of a paper. We spent some time examining the author’s background and noted a synchrony with Gavalia, first born of the Evening Stars of Nebadon and associate Galantia, first Evening Star to ascend to such status. Their partnership has a certain resonance with the pattern of Michael bestowals, the first three being in the likeness of descending creatures and the final three in the likeness of ascending pilgrims.
Listen to our brief treatment of the subject of the significance of creatures who are designated first born and first attained. They tend to be a “cut above” those who follow. Does this not hint at the “end from the beginning” aspect of supremacy that has come up in our discussions previously, strongly implying that evolution is not a bottom-up phenomenon? Also, note the word bestow originally signifying to place beside. And as we shall see going forward, the bestowal narratives presented are limited in detail due to the strict adherence to revelation mandates.
The use of the term son and sons is most important, and has nothing to do with the biology of maleness and femaleness, notwithstanding the fact that Paradise Son bestowals to the mortal races are always in the likeness of biological males. The term Son refers to a particular flavor of association and likeness with the Universal Father.
The bestowal attributes of the Paradise Sons of God reflect the divine nature of their parents. When the first ascenders from the grand universe led by Grandfanda arrived in Havona, the Eternal Son bestowed himself seven times on the seven Havona circuits in a most transcendental way unfathomable to us. Also, in a somewhat more comprehensible ministry, the original Michael Son bestowed himself in Havona in direct association with the ascending pilgrims in a sevenfold manner.
Note the difference between the incarnation of these divine sons vs. the corporeal visitations of planetary helpers such as the staff of the Planetary Prince. Incarnation being an intimate “in the flesh” being instead of “in the form of the flesh” corporeal. The process of incarnation we discussed as being a mysterious “back door phenomenon” via the Paradise Trinity and the Mother such that the bestowal is quite literally in the flesh, not merely with the flesh. There is a parallel with the Father’s bestowal of Thought Adjusters to the Eternal Son’s Creator Son bestowal to his created beings.
As beneficial as these bestowals are to the recipients, the major purpose for them is the personal training and universe education of the Creator Son, that they become wise, sympathetic, just, and understanding sovereigns of their local universe creations. This illustrates how the experiential becomes transcendent of the existential. Our Paradise ascent as universe pilgrims represents a prelude to beginning our eternity service in obedience to the Paradise Trinity—a very long beginning, not an end. As we were reminded, nothing in the entire universe can substitute for the fact of experience on non-existential levels.
Listen to the short discussion on the timeline of the bestowals in relation to the geologic periods of earth’s history.
119:1 The First Bestowal
As mentioned details of Michael’s bestowals are spare. We will notice a number of specifics introduced here and going forward. Each bestowal involves the Immanuel, the Union of Days representative of the Paradise Trinity, assuming authority in Nebadon during Michael’s absence. Michael’s departure is always sudden, as in he vanishes instead of launching out on his journey. This suggests a back-door mode of accomplishing an incarnation.
This first bestowal is in the likeness of a Melchizedek Son and he appears mysteriously at his intended location accompanied by a solitary omniaphim. Going forward he is accompanied by a single ministering spirit of some type on subsequent bestowals. On each bestowal he synchronizes with the will of one of the seven Master Spirits. In this particular case, Master Spirit #7, the combined will of the three Paradise Deities. His length of assignment is given as twenty years of standard time or about one hundred years of Urantia time.
In these bestowals Michael is acquiring a measure of the Deity of the Supreme—creature-Creator unifying Deity. No mystery as to why this paper is included in our arc on experiential deity.
Notes by Brad
- Pivotal does not necessarily mean providential, when it comes to key decision-points of our lives.
- You get nothing from nothing. If you observe something, there must be a something that it came from, philosophically speaking.
- Deity is this deepest predicate for reality.
- that's why will, action, and purpose in our own minds parallels Deity function and the Paradise Trinity.
- Where does, say, logical-ness come from? Deity.
- Paper 119 has an unusual opening sentence, putting the author up front instead of at the end.
- It helps makes papers 115 through paper 199 exactly symmetric in their structure. Masterful construction!
- Similarly, they refer to 400 billion years ago here, just like the first paper of Part III (this is the last paper of Part III)
- Be + stow: place + by.
- A son or a Son has a basic relationship to the Universal Father, despite the specifies of how they came into being.
- Michael was not directly and solely created by the Father, yet he is a "Paradise Son of the Universal Father."
- We also are sons of the Father, despite being procreated by material parents.
- We sons can be male or female animal-origin beings, yet when a Creator Son incarnates as a mortal he always is a malee.
- There is some truer and deeper distinction about male-ness and female-ness.
- Something beyond what meets the eye distinguishes male from female.
- Instead of starting with the biology of mammals when interpreting the 5th ER, try starting with Deity!
- Michael was incarnated here. The Prince's staff were corporeal but were not incarnated
- What's the difference?
- The staff's morontia nature was with their bodies, but not in their bodies.
- Machiventa Melchizedek actually was incarnate. As are Avonal and Magesterial Sons, fully formed as an adult.
- And a secondary midwayer is neither incarnate nor corporeal--they can just alter the substance of their body to be visible.
- The Creator Son is not standing with the embryo in Mary's womb, though the front door. He's somehow incarnating through the back door, actually somehow mysteriously he was in that flesh.
- Avoid the old wineskin of thinking mysteriously and magically about this conception. There is some advanced physics here through the back door and through incarnation.
- Also, bestowal and incarnation are not synonyms.
- The Creator Son is bestowed upon a local universe, but is not incarnated there.
- On each bestowal, he synchronizes with the will of one of the seven master spirits
- Bestowal #1: Melchizedek, 7th master spirit (father-son-spirit), attended by an omniaphim.
- Bestowal #7: Human, 1st master spirit (the Universal Father)
- He can do in 20 standard universe years (or even just over 6 of those years) what would take us mortals far longer.
- Right! He's a Creator Son, not bound by time (e.g., wine to water, etc)
- Notice all the references to the Paradise Trinity here. Big hint this is about Mother Deity!
- A solemn other to the Paradise Trinity...
- The Ancients of Days oversee Master Son certification, and they Trinity-Origin beings
- Immanuel is a Union of Days, also a Trinity Origin. He was not created by Michael in his universe building. He's been around longer than out 611,121st Creator Son.
- The primary reason Michael incarnated here was for him, not for us.
- That's, needless to say, heretical relative to traditional Christian doctrine, where it was all done just for us.
- chronos and kairos oy vey!
- The first expression of an entity is often the highest.
- Gavaila was the first-created Evening Star. Andon and Fonta were the first human. Etc.
- It's a curious master pattern, a hint of the end from the beginning being in play. Top-down initiation.