Episode:Experiential Deity—God the Supreme (Part 3)
September 8, 2020 [Paper 117:3, p. 1281]
Mortal man is more than figuratively made in the image of God. From a physical standpoint this statement is hardly true, but with reference to certain universe potentialities it is an actual fact. Man, a volitional personality, becomes creative in liaison with an Adjuster, in the presence of the finite potentialities of the Supreme, and the result is the flowering of an immortal soul.
Summary by Kermit
Commentary after Review
Going beyond the immediate explanation of mutual interdependence and evolutionary reciprocity, to the intriguing finite philosophic question posed in the last section concerning the interplay of causality between the actualizing of the Supreme Being and the evolution of the grand universe, we must appreciate the real mystery in thinking less temporally about apparent linear bi-directional causal sequence.
Another question from last week: If perfecting spirit characterizes growth, what explains the horizontal growth cycle for the perfected post-ascension finaliters? We can think of perfecting spirit applying to the growth of the Supreme rather than the individual part.
We also asked about the differential duration of the post-ascension phase of the finaliters’ career between Grandfanda and so-called Omega Man, the last ascender to make the Corps of Finality prior to the power-personality synthesis completion of the Supreme Being. It is only from an immature viewpoint that such discrepancies are viewed as being cosmically unfair. These differences in destiny attainments must be seen in a more holistic context to be appreciated.
117:3 Significance of the Supreme to Universe Creatures
Our author begins to introduce the idea of the Supreme, the facet of Deity as being a third element, functional within finite along with the Almighty and the Mother. This is precisely how temporal thinking must be set aside, if that is possible, to conceptually accommodate the functioning of an element in advance of its temporal manifestation. We have become accustomed to recognizing the revelators’ narrative as pointing to the function of the Almighty (summative power-pattern), and the Mother (focalizing personal-purposive) in their superadditive interplay to eventually produce the Supreme Being. Here we see reference to the Supreme as a functional channel in the whole process of the spirit conquest of energy matter through the mediation of mind in time, under the direction of personality.
We are confronted with additional paradoxical phenomena when we consider that the descending Michael in his bestowal mission, was actually ascending in that he was going up from his existential source by gaining experiential nature, something the Universal Father is incapable of doing. And continuing the parallel, the Supreme thus adds the experiential nature to the existential Father.
What followed in our reading and discussion was an ingenious connection of Moses’ revelation of the Father in the burning bush wherein the Father was revealed as existential, “I AM that I AM”, with no connection to the experiential. It was through Michael’s bestowal that, as the Father incarnate he was able to say among other things, “I am the living way”. It was in the context of experiential Deity that the existential Father could be brought into contact with mortal man, not magically or mystically, but in the context of Mother Deity!
Listen again to the discussion of the logic in the use of the term Deity reality, in relation to personality and the Thought Adjuster.
Reflective religionists must have pondered how it is that mortal man is made in the image of God, when we are simultaneously instructed that God is spirit. At last we find clarification. Man as a volitional personality, in creative liaison with his impersonal Thought Adjuster and by virtue of the finite potentialities of the Supreme spawns the flowering of an immortal soul. And in the previously cited parallel do the Supreme Creators function in creative liaison with the impersonal spirit of the Paradise Trinity to give rise to the Supreme Being.
In parallel to the paradox of the Supreme contributing to his own growth, a mortal’s morontia soul once initiated begins to grow in and of itself. This amounts to something akin to the “end from the beginning” aspect of thinking about these things. The deeper we delve into these issues the more we must struggle to free ourselves from our time tethered thinking habits.
Using our old wineskin concepts of the Father we are wont to attribute all manner of cosmic activity to him. He is described as collaborating and cooperating with his divine coordinates and in trinitarian function in his role as initiator, but we are reminded of his solitary function in the ministry of the Thought Adjusters and their associated entities. And in this ministry we are further invited to go beyond thinking of the Thought Adjuster in fatherly terms i.e. Father-fragments, but to consider them in terms of individuations of Deity, the Infinite Upholder. Continuing with suggestions of the parallels between the Thought Adjuster and the Paradise Trinity, the function of the Paradise Trinity relative to the finite (Trinity of Supremacy) leads us to the Mother, the Finite Upholder.
Pause to consider when you encounter the well-known phrase, “In Him we live, move and have our being.” From the finite standpoint we actually do so within the Mother, the immanence of the Supreme.
The section concludes, directing our attention to the destiny as finaliters of the absonite, alluding to the role of the Supreme and The Supreme Being in the elevation from sixth stage spirits to seventh stage spirits.
Notes by Brad
- Causality is a more holistic, non-linear fact than it appear down in time.
- This is virtually imponderable for us, beyond being told it's the case.
- Understandings of logic and causality lie deeper and are essentially a mystery for us... for now.
- A master pattern in the cosmos: the individual achieves something, then the collective achieves something.
- After growing vertically up and becoming a finaliter, you grow horizontally out into the whole grand universe.
- But this second phase's growth is not associated with your individual growth (how could it be? You're individually a perfected spirit)
- It's associated with the perfecting God the Supreme, with which you're ever more and more synchronized.
- You are God the Supreme seeking in this second phase of horizontal growth.
- You'll be in this phase for a long time! until the grand universe reaches light and life.
- Seems as if those who ascend much later in this universe age will be shortchanged the horizontal growth phase!
- Only quantitatively. Qualitatively, their vertical ascent will be much... "denser," for so much more will have been completed in the grand universe by then.
- Everyone has their part to play in supremacy
- Some undertake "stationary" ministry in a perfecting universe.
- Mighty Messengers stop growing after their vertical ascent, and minister in a stationary kind of way.
- A Planetary Prince's corporeal staff set aside their Thought Adjusters and for long eons stop their upward ascent while ministering to a primitive sphre.
- Seraphim and Material Sons and Daughters wait for a long, long time before becoming an ascending individual.
- Some like us start at the very bottom and rise to high heights.
- Others come into existence high already and remain stationary.
- Etc. It's a whole spectrum.
- All this experience must come together to complete the Supreme.
- This experiential "summing" is very non-linear. We aren't all on the same marathon toward the same goalpost.
- Some undertake "stationary" ministry in a perfecting universe.
- What facets of Deity function down here in time?
- The Almighty. Sure, this is the summation we speak of often in this arc.
- The Mother. Definitely. Spoken of often as well.
- The Supreme. Not a mere abstraction, or summation of the preceding two.
- Although the Supreme Being stands transcendently above time, its reflection casts down into time as the Supreme.
- A top-down unity influence from within time. A very subtle influence.
- Yes. Within time.
- The Supreme is ubiquitous in time (ubiquitous, not omnipresent)
- The end from the beginning: the context in which the grand universe unfolds.
- This is an added complexity to our simple "Almighty + Mother = the Supreme" model of understanding to this point.