From Symmetry of Soul
All synthesized from [Paper 100], these are things that don't come naturally and require reflection to use.
Man cannot cause growth, but he can supply favorable conditions. [100:3.7]
You cannot build a better self. You can be grown.
And [Paper 16] describes reflective thinking, suggests we begin to practice it (pulling back on the reins). Recognize the self-evident cosmic intuitions when they make an appearance in your life.
Step 1: Stop thinking existentially
- The existential concept frame is all around us and can percolate into ideas of personal growth.
- You might subtly assume your temporal nature is some eternal state.
- Do you say "I just am who I am, and I can't change this and just rationalize living with it." That's an existential, self-limiting statement.
- And remember patience as one of these conditions!
- Do you say "I must do better next time?" That is an impatient declaration and if said willingly your freewill overrrules experiential deity from growing you.
i.e., honest and law abiding