12 properties of a religionist
From Symmetry of Soul
In trying social situations, this is what a religionist does, restated in this author's own words and groupings:
- Is poised even in the face of "baffling" disease and suffering.
- Possesses courage and confidence in the face of adversity and calamity.
- Maintains trust in reality despite the apparent cruelty and indifference of the natural world.
- They are poised and composed even when faced with maltreatment and injustice.
- Contributes to altruism despite the existence in the world of selfishness, greed, political corruption.
- Has unshakeable faith in eternal life despite poor science and philosophy teachings all around.
- Doesn't let the complexity of today's civilizations crush them; still lives successfully.
- Believes in God despite intellectual sophistry.
- Maintains trust in God despite disappointment and defeat.
- Believes in universal unity despite existence of evil and sin.
- Worships God even though God designed death; "Even though he slay me, yet will I serve him."
- Progresses despite their animal-origin nature.